The Auckland Opera Studio offers singing and performance coaching from some of the most acclaimed teachers in the world – including the highly respected Frances Wilson (ONZ) – at no cost.
Many youngsters, often from humble backgrounds, have gone on to help keep New Zealand famous on the world stage, thanks to a service that is entirely funded by donations.
With the help of donors, subscribers and supporters, the Auckland Opera Studio is effectively a creative incubator that…
- Helps young singers break through the boundaries of their own limiting beliefs;
- Creates performance opportunities for singers to gain experience;
- Provides sustained development – in an atmosphere of input – for professional and promising singers;
- Creates an environment of knowledge, enthusiasm and support;
- Is a professional support system to help singers continue honing their art;
- Caters to young talent preparing for overseas studies; and
- Helps professional singers prepare for their next engagement.
Students who have benefited from the Auckland Opera Studio’s teaching of great classic principles and latest technical ideas include:
- Marlena Devoe;
- Sole Mio (Sol3 MIO) brothers Pene and Amitai Pati;
- Stephen Diaz; and
- James Ioelu.
We encourage anyone who is interested in partaking of these classes to contact us.